How to create or edit services in Bookme?
In the Bookme plugin, services are offered by you to your clients. A service can be provided by a specific staff member or multiple members. To check all the services, go to Bookme menu > Services page.
You can categorise your services into multiple groups by using categories. In Bookme, a service must have a category, so you need to create at least one default category.
You can hide the category field if you don't want to show it to your customers.
To create a category, click on the Add Category button.
Create or edit a service
- To create a service, go to Bookme menu > Services page and click the Add Service button.
- Here you need to fill out the form.
- Title- The title of the service, will be visible to your clients.
- Color- Color of the service. It is used in the admin area for a more user-friendly view. To change the color, click on the black box displayed near the title field.
- Duration- Time duration of the service.
- Price- Set a price for the service. It will be shown to the customers during the booking, and you don’t have to set up an online payment for the service, because the offline payment option is available too. You can leave this field empty if you want to offer the service free of cost.
- Padding time- Set a padding time between appointments. For example, if you want a break between two appointments for preparation of the next appointment then you can use padding time.
- Capacity- Set the number of persons you want in a single time period. It is used for group bookings.
- Visibility- Set the visibility to Private if you want to hide it from your customers.
- Category- Select a category of the service.
- Staff Members- Select the staff members of the service. A service must have at least one staff member.
- Staff preference for ANY- Set a rule to assign a staff member to the booking if a customer selects the Any option in the staff member select list.
- Zoom- Enable Zoom online meeting for the service. Ensure the Zoom account is set up in the settings.
- Limit bookings per customer- Set a limit of service bookings per customer for a given period (per day, per week, per month and year).
- Info- A description of the service; it can be used in the notifications.
- After entering the details, click on the blue check button.
- Cheers, a new service is created.
To edit a service you need to click on the edit button in the service list, and the same form will appear.
Delete a service
- Go to Bookme menu > Services page; here, you will get a list of services.
- Select the services you want to delete by clicking on the checkbox in the list.
- A delete button will appear on the bottom right corner of the page.
- Click the delete button and approve the confirmation dialog to delete the services.